Job Description: Working at AAHS, your passion is for your champions. Your love for all champions growth and success are rooted in serving caseloads of high-incidence, cross-categorical students through pushing-in to content classrooms and pulling small groups of students out to a resource room. Additionally, you will create specific learning plans to grow the knowledge of all learners. You will navigate the nuances of a diverse academic mindset. We believe our champions will be best prepared to succeed in the global aviation and aerospace industry if they are skilled in the art of weighing perspectives, communicating effectively and exploring globally through a socially conscious lens.
On a day-to-day basis, you can look forward to the following:
Curriculum Development and Instruction
- Adapt and execute a rigorous, nationally standards-aligned curriculum
- Navigate Powerschool Special Programs
- Use data to inform instructional decisions/collaboration
- Provide champions with daily feedback on performance and plan for individual learning needs
- Help Build a Positive School and Classroom Culture
- Embody and maintain school’s values, policies, and culture
- Develop positive relationships with students, families, teachers, and staff
- Establish and maintain strong communication with all parents and share progress
- Effectively supervise and manage a classroom of up to 25 students
- Show up for critical school events, including staff meetings, open houses, parent-teacher conferences, etc..
- Demonstrate a Growth Mindset around champions, families, admin and team.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters & lives of champions both in/out of school
- Show unwavering commitment to urban youth achieving greatness
- Exhibit resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities
- Focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs
- Belief in and alignment with AAHS core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Pursue challenging professional goals each year
- Give and receive positive and constructive feedback from your colleagues
- Participate in school-wide and individual professional development
School-Based Staff staff must have the ability to...
- Operate a computer and office equipment and Google Suite on a daily basis
- Willingness to master Powerschool Special Programs
- Occasional moderate lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Interpret policy, procedures, and data
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
What you need to SOAR at AAHS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Valid Alabama Teaching Certificate in Special Education
- Ability to manage, conduct, and implement IEP meetings
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Demonstrated commitment to closing the opportunity gap with an entrepreneur's mindset.
At AAHS we are a fast-paced, energetic team with passionate people who are leading a movement to cultivate their best working environment, as such we provide the following: Generous PTO/Professional Development, PEEHIP/RSA Wellness Days & Take Flight Fridays (leave at 1:30 on Friday once per month), and Performance bonuses.